Thursday, May 21, 2026
43.1 C
New Delhi

Kerala BJP Vice Prez Krishnakumar Denies Sexual Harassment Allegations, Calls Them Politically Motivated

Palakkad (Kerala), Aug 27 (IANS) Kerala BJP Vice President C. Krishnakumar on Wednesday strongly refuted sexual harassment allegations raised against him by a relative, describing the complaint as a politically-motivated attempt linked to a long-running property dispute.

Addressing the media in Palakkad, Krishnakumar said the case was not new, but an old issue repeatedly revived for political gain.

“This is like damp firecrackers from 2015 and 2020 that never went off. Now the Congress is trying to light them again. The matter will be handled legally,” said Krishnakumar.

He noted that the complaint had already been dismissed by the courts in July 2024, along with related civil and domestic violence suits that had ended in his favour.

According to Krishnakumar, the complainant, a family member, fabricated allegations to strengthen her case in property disputes.

“When the complaint first reached the party, it was examined and found baseless. It was a deliberately fabricated allegation, so it was not pursued further,” said the senior BJP leader.

He reiterated that he was ready to face any form of investigation and would provide clarification if asked by the state leadership.

The controversy resurfaced after the complainant recently emailed her petition to Kerala BJP President Rajeev Chandrasekhar’s office.

His office acknowledged receipt and assured her that action would follow upon his return from Bengaluru.

The complainant has alleged that despite raising the matter earlier with the RSS and BJP leaders, including V. Muraleedharan and M.T. Ramesh, no steps were taken against Krishnakumar.

BJP workers have rallied in support of the Vice President, publicly dismissing the charges as a “bomb that never went off.”

Posters defending him were also circulated in Palakkad.

The issue gained traction as the BJP escalated its campaign against Congress MLA Rahul Mamkootathil over alleged sexual misconduct charges.

On Tuesday, Leader of Opposition, V.D. Satheesan, had warned Chandrasekhar that very soon he would be marching to his office and asked him to get ready for an explosive news.

Krishnakumar, who has been leading the protests demanding Rahul Mamkootathil’s resignation, suggested that the fresh allegations were an attempt to weaken him politically.

Incidentally, in the November 2024 Palakkad Assembly bye-election, Krishnakumar came second to Mamkootathil.

He also hinted at the involvement of former BJP leader Sandeep Warrier, now with the Congress, in reviving the controversy.

“The complaint is nothing more than a family quarrel twisted into a harassment allegation. I will legally resist any such attempts to tarnish my image,” Krishnakumar asserted.

(This report has been published as part of the auto-generated syndicate wire feed. Apart from the headline, no editing has been done in the copy by ABP Live.)

Go to Source

Hot this week

No Fifa World Cup 2026 for Indian football fans? The broadcasting controversy, explained

As the Fifa World Cup fever builds, Indian football fans face a total broadcast blackout. Read More

When Jeff Bezos gave the Smithsonian $200 million, the impact went far beyond one museum

Tech entrepreneur Jeff Bezos’s $200 million donation to the Smithsonian Institution is revolutionizing public education. Read More

When Oprah backed Morehouse scholars, the gift reached far beyond tuition

Oprah Winfrey’s $25 million, 30-year endowment to Morehouse College redefines educational philanthropy. Moving beyond mere tuition, this initiative fosters holistic development, including leadership training and global expeditions. Read More

The night Princess Elizabeth slipped unnoticed into Britain’s VE Day celebrations

Britain’s Royal Family, including Princess Elizabeth and Winston Churchill, appear on the Buckingham Palace balcony during VE Day celebrations in London on May 8, 1945| Image Credit: PTI Among all the stories related to VE Day, perha Read More

How Meghan Markle’s cookbook grew from one community kitchen into something much bigger

Image of Meghan Markle| Image Credit: BCCL While most people would have thought of it as a mere celebrity-led publishing exercise, the cookbook associated with Meghan Markle was more of an early charitable work. Read More

Topics

No Fifa World Cup 2026 for Indian football fans? The broadcasting controversy, explained

As the Fifa World Cup fever builds, Indian football fans face a total broadcast blackout. Read More

When Jeff Bezos gave the Smithsonian $200 million, the impact went far beyond one museum

Tech entrepreneur Jeff Bezos’s $200 million donation to the Smithsonian Institution is revolutionizing public education. Read More

When Oprah backed Morehouse scholars, the gift reached far beyond tuition

Oprah Winfrey’s $25 million, 30-year endowment to Morehouse College redefines educational philanthropy. Moving beyond mere tuition, this initiative fosters holistic development, including leadership training and global expeditions. Read More

The night Princess Elizabeth slipped unnoticed into Britain’s VE Day celebrations

Britain’s Royal Family, including Princess Elizabeth and Winston Churchill, appear on the Buckingham Palace balcony during VE Day celebrations in London on May 8, 1945| Image Credit: PTI Among all the stories related to VE Day, perha Read More

How Meghan Markle’s cookbook grew from one community kitchen into something much bigger

Image of Meghan Markle| Image Credit: BCCL While most people would have thought of it as a mere celebrity-led publishing exercise, the cookbook associated with Meghan Markle was more of an early charitable work. Read More

When David Attenborough met Prince George, one giant shark tooth stole the moment

Prince William and Catherine, Princess of Wales interact with David Attenborough alongside their children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis| Image Credit: PTI Sometimes, a royal occasion may rely on an object, which Read More

India-Africa summit postponed over Ebola scare: MEA

The India-Africa Forum Summit has been postponed in the wake of the ebolavirus outbreak in Africa, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has said. Read More

Pakistan Cleric Fazl-ur-Rehman Claims Threat To Life, Takes On Military Establishment | Exclusive

The chief of the Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl said the country had become a ‘hostage’ under what he described as a ‘civil-military hybrid regime’ Go to Source Read More

Related Articles