Monday, February 16, 2026
16.1 C
New Delhi

LG Manoj Sinha orders reopening of 14 more tourist spots across J&K restricted after April 2025 Pahalgam attack

LG Manoj Sinha orders reopening of 14 more tourist spots across J&K restricted after April 2025 Pahalgam attack

J&K LG Manoj Sinha (File photo)

After a thorough security review and discussion, Jammu and Kashmir LG Manoj Sinha on Monday ordered the reopening of 14 tourist spots that were closed in the wake of the Pahalgam terror attack 10 months ago.Eleven of the 14 tourists to be opened immediately are in Kashmir Valley — Yousmarg, Doodhpathri and Dandipora Park in Anantnag; Peer Ki Gali, Dubjan and Padpawan in Shopian; Astanpora and Tulip Garden in Srinagar; Thajwas Glacier and Hung Park in Ganderbal; and Wullar/Watlab in Baramulla. The remaining three are in Jammu division — Devi Pindi in Reasi, Mahu Mangat in Ramban and Mughal Maidan in Kishtwar.The LG’s office further said that three sites in Kashmir division — Gurez, Athwatoo and Bangus — and one site in Jammu — Ramkund in Ramban — would be reopened once the snow is cleared.Following the April 22, 2025 massacre of 25 tourists and a local pony guide by terrorists at the Baisaran meadows in Pahalgam, the authorities had temporarily closed 48 tourist destinations across J&K for a security audit.While 12 sites were reopened for the public in Sept last year, chief minister Omar Abdullah told the J&K assembly on Feb 5 that the time had come to reopen all the tourist destinations, and his govt was in touch with the Centre in this regard.Tourism industry stakeholders in the UT had been demanding the reopening of all destinations, stressing that it was necessary to restore tourist confidence and revive the sector.

Go to Source

Hot this week

India must use AI to make governance efficient, citizen-centric: Anthropic CEO

Anthropic CEO Dario Amodei BENGALURU: Anthropic CEO Dario Amodei said even as artificial intelligence technology produces great value, it will also bring big economic turmoil. Read More

Bertie Carvel REACTS to Baelor’s death in ‘AKOTSK’

Actor Bertie Carvel has opened up about portraying Prince Baelor “Breakspear” Targaryen and the pivotal moment in episode 4 and 5, when the prince volunteers to fight for Ser Duncan the Tall in ‘A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms Read More

Neena Gupta says Vivian Richards agreed to her having Masaba

Veteran actor Neena Gupta has revealed that former West Indies cricketer Vivian Richards had agreed to her decision to have his child, but she chose not to take any financial assistance from him while raising their daughter, Masaba Read More

‘No one is entitled…’: Rubio doubles down on visa not a ‘privilege’ remark

US State Department has reiterated that visas are not a guaranteed right and can be taken away if foreign visitors act against America’s national interests, following remarks by secretary of state Marco Rubio during a visit to Hungar Read More

‘No one is entitled…’: Rubio doubles down on visa not a ‘privilege’ remark

US State Department has reiterated that visas are not a guaranteed right and can be taken away if foreign visitors act against America’s national interests, following remarks by secretary of state Marco Rubio during a visit to Hungar Read More

Topics

India must use AI to make governance efficient, citizen-centric: Anthropic CEO

Anthropic CEO Dario Amodei BENGALURU: Anthropic CEO Dario Amodei said even as artificial intelligence technology produces great value, it will also bring big economic turmoil. Read More

Bertie Carvel REACTS to Baelor’s death in ‘AKOTSK’

Actor Bertie Carvel has opened up about portraying Prince Baelor “Breakspear” Targaryen and the pivotal moment in episode 4 and 5, when the prince volunteers to fight for Ser Duncan the Tall in ‘A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms Read More

Neena Gupta says Vivian Richards agreed to her having Masaba

Veteran actor Neena Gupta has revealed that former West Indies cricketer Vivian Richards had agreed to her decision to have his child, but she chose not to take any financial assistance from him while raising their daughter, Masaba Read More

‘No one is entitled…’: Rubio doubles down on visa not a ‘privilege’ remark

US State Department has reiterated that visas are not a guaranteed right and can be taken away if foreign visitors act against America’s national interests, following remarks by secretary of state Marco Rubio during a visit to Hungar Read More

‘No one is entitled…’: Rubio doubles down on visa not a ‘privilege’ remark

US State Department has reiterated that visas are not a guaranteed right and can be taken away if foreign visitors act against America’s national interests, following remarks by secretary of state Marco Rubio during a visit to Hungar Read More

Mark Carney Leads Push To Form Major Trade Bloc As Trump Threatens Canada With Tariffs: Report

Canada is leading talks to link the European Union and CPTPP, aiming for a new trading bloc of 1.5 billion people. Read More

Mark Carney Leads Push To Form Major Trade Bloc As Trump Threatens Canada With Tariffs: Report

Canada is leading talks to link the European Union and CPTPP, aiming for a new trading bloc of 1.5 billion people. Read More

First Class X Board exam must under 2-test system, says CBSE

Representational image NEW DELHI: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has clarified it will be mandatory for all Class X students to appear in the first board examination under the new two-board exam system to be rolled Read More

Related Articles