Saturday, May 23, 2026
32.1 C
New Delhi

Mary Kom’s Ex-Husband Denies Money Claims, Accuses Her Of Extramarital Relationships

Show Quick Read

Key points generated by AI, verified by newsroom

Indian boxing icon and politician Mary Kom, who last year confirmed her divorce from footballer husband Karung Onkholer (Onler), has revealed the reasons behind their separation after 20 years of marriage. The couple, who share four children, parted ways in 2023. At the time, Mary Kom denied rumours of being involved with anyone else.

This week, she accused Onler of cheating her out of crores of rupees earned through her boxing career. Mary alleged that her former husband took loans in her name, mortgaged her property and transferred assets into his name without her proper consent.

Onler Responds, Alleges Extramarital Affairs

Responding to the allegations, Onler told IANS that Mary Kom had been involved in extramarital relationships during their marriage. Referring to statements made at the Lok Adalat, he said, “Firstly, in 2013, she was having an affair with a junior boxer. Our families had a fight, and after that, we compromised.”

He further claimed that since 2017, Mary had been in a relationship with someone working at the Mary Kom Boxing Academy. “I have their WhatsApp messages as proof. I have proof, with the name of the person with whom she was having an affair. I remained silent,” he said.

Onler added, “She wanted to stay alone and have another relationship. We’re divorced. I don’t mind if she wants to have another husband. But don’t ever blame me. And if she’s to blame me, bring the proof; get the papers. I know where she lives and with whom.”

Denies Financial Misconduct Claims

Dismissing allegations of financial wrongdoing, Onler questioned Mary Kom’s claims that he had taken ₹5 crore from her. “She mentioned the property and asked my name to be erased. She said I stole 5 crores. Check my account,” he said.

“For 18 years of marriage, we were together. And then, this? She’s mad. I had been living with her for 18 years. What am I having? Look at my house. I’m staying in a rented house in Delhi,” he added.

Onler also said Mary’s celebrity status amplified her allegations. “She’s a celeb. Whatever she says, some will listen, and some won’t.”

‘I Was Used And Thrown,’ Says Onler

Expressing emotional distress, Onler said, “I can forgive her, but I’ll never forget what she has done to me. I’m like use and throw for her.”

He questioned his removal from the Mary Kom Boxing Academy, saying, “Who planted the seeds of her academy? Who registered? And now someone has become the chairman, whom I don’t want to name.”

Referring to their children, he said they have been living in Delhi since 2013 and that their sons are in boarding school. “Of course, she’s earning and paying the fees, but who has raised them?” he asked.

Responds to Allegations About Personal Habits

Addressing claims about his personal habits, Onler said, “She said I consumed alcohol. So has she. She’s had vodka and rum, and she’s also eaten ‘gutka’. But I never disclosed these things to the media, who blamed me for drinking. Okay, I drink during parties.”

On his decision to remove his wedding ring, he said, “I removed my wedding ring. Because she’s not trustworthy… She’s going to the Lok Adalat and saying I took a loan and stole property. If the property is in my name, then she’d have the documents, right? Let her bring those documents, and then we’ll speak.”

Mary Kom On Discovering Financial Irregularities

During a recent appearance on Aap Ki Adalat, Mary Kom was asked how she remained unaware of her finances for years. She responded, “Kuch nahin pata chalaa. Mujhe pata chalaa jab mujhe injury hui. Mujhe lagta hai, bhagwan ne yeh sab bataane ke liye mujhe injured karwaya hoga, mere achhey ke liye kiya hoga. (I knew nothing. I came to know the truth when I was injured. I think God made me injured so that I could realise what was happening, maybe for my good).”

Marriage And Family

Mary Kom and Onler married in 2005 after dating for four years. They are parents to three sons, twins born in 2007 and another son born in 2013, and a daughter adopted in 2018.

Go to Source

Hot this week

Punjab: Three injured after ruckus in Kapurthala jail as police use teargas, cane charge

Chandigarh, May 24 (PTI): After inmates ran amok in the Kapurthala jail due to a clash, authorities lobbed teargas shells and resorted to cane charge to restore order, officials said on Sunday. Read More

Major General among 3 Army officers survive Cheetah copter crash in Leh; selfie of May 20 accident goes viral

NEW DELHI: Three Indian Army officers had a narrow escape after their helicopter crashed in the mountainous Tangste near Leh in Ladakh. Read More

JD Vance makes unplanned return to Washington, claims report triggering speculations over Iran

Reports claimed JD Vance made an unscheduled return to Washington Saturday. Read More

Rubio delivers invitation to PM from Trump to visit US, says US won’t allow Iran to hold energy market hostage

NEW DELHI: After the roller coaster of the past 12 months, the US and India looked to steady the relationship with visiting Secretary of State Marco Rubio calling on PM Narendra Modi and delivering an invitation from President Donald Read More

Even ITBP has lost faith in UP govt, police: Akhilesh on medical negligence regarding jawan’s mother

Lucknow, May 23 (PTI): Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday said even the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has “lost faith” in the BJP government in Uttar Pradesh and the state police force, in an apparent jibe over the meet Read More

Topics

Punjab: Three injured after ruckus in Kapurthala jail as police use teargas, cane charge

Chandigarh, May 24 (PTI): After inmates ran amok in the Kapurthala jail due to a clash, authorities lobbed teargas shells and resorted to cane charge to restore order, officials said on Sunday. Read More

Major General among 3 Army officers survive Cheetah copter crash in Leh; selfie of May 20 accident goes viral

NEW DELHI: Three Indian Army officers had a narrow escape after their helicopter crashed in the mountainous Tangste near Leh in Ladakh. Read More

JD Vance makes unplanned return to Washington, claims report triggering speculations over Iran

Reports claimed JD Vance made an unscheduled return to Washington Saturday. Read More

Rubio delivers invitation to PM from Trump to visit US, says US won’t allow Iran to hold energy market hostage

NEW DELHI: After the roller coaster of the past 12 months, the US and India looked to steady the relationship with visiting Secretary of State Marco Rubio calling on PM Narendra Modi and delivering an invitation from President Donald Read More

Even ITBP has lost faith in UP govt, police: Akhilesh on medical negligence regarding jawan’s mother

Lucknow, May 23 (PTI): Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday said even the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has “lost faith” in the BJP government in Uttar Pradesh and the state police force, in an apparent jibe over the meet Read More

ITBP officials meet Kanpur top cop seeking action in medical negligence case of jawan’s mother

Kanpur, May 23 (PTI): Officials of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) on Saturday met the Kanpur police commissioner seeking action in a case of alleged medical negligence at a private hospital that resulted in the amputation of one hand of an IT Read More

Rahul Gandhi urges party’s Muslim leaders to raise issues concerning their community

New Delhi, May 23 (PTI): Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Saturday urged Muslim leaders of the party to vociferously raise issues concerning their community and to work towards enhancing their representation. Read More

Brampton man Gurkanwal Singh pleads guilty after shooting guns from jeep in ‘careless’ stunt

A 24-year-old Sikh man has pleaded guilty after videos showing reckless gunfire from a Jeep on Crown land in Ontario triggered a police investigation and firearms charges. Read More

Related Articles