Saturday, May 23, 2026
31.1 C
New Delhi

22 Naxals surrender before Odisha Police in Malkanagiri

22 Naxals surrender before Odisha Police in Malkanagiri

.

A total of 22 naxals surrendered before Odisha Police in Malkanagiri on Tuesday, marking another success in the central government’s effort to curb Left-Wing Extremism and restore lasting peace in the region.Odisha Police confirmed the surrender of the 22 Naxals, who sought rehabilitation, voluntarily giving up thier arms and ammunition. Last Week, as many as 34 Naxals surrendered in Chhattisgarh’s Bijapur district. The surrendered Maoist cadres were collectively carrying a reward of Rs 84 lakh, the Bijapur Police said.The surrender took place under the state government’s rehabilitation initiative titled “Poona Margham: Punarvas Se Punarjeevan” (Return to the Mainstream: Social Reintegration through Rehabilitation), which focuses on reintegrating former extremists and welfare-based measures. Officials said the move reflects the growing impact of sustained anti-Naxal policies combined with confidence-building efforts.Among those who laid down arms were 34 Maoists belonging to the South Sub-Zonal Bureau, including seven women and 27 men. In addition to the DKSZC unit, the surrendered Naxals included members from the Telangana State committee and the Andhra-Odisha Border (AOB) division, indicating that the schemes extend beyond district and state boundaries. Meanwhile, as part of its strategy to establish dominance over Naxalism, with the Centre setting March 2026 as the deadline to eliminate the menace, the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), one of the principal forces tasked with countering Left Wing Extremism, has set up a total of 229 Forward Operating Bases (FOBs) across six key Naxal-affected states from 2019 to till date.The FOBs have been a key component of the government’s security strategy to counter Left Wing Extremism (LWE) in Naxal-affected regions. These bases are established by central armed police forces, including the CRPF and its specialised units, in remote, forested and insurgency-prone areas that were earlier considered strongholds of Naxal groups.Out of the total 229 Forward Operating Bases (FOBs), the highest number 59, have been established so far this year, followed by 40 in 2024, 27 in 2023, 48 in 2022, 29 in 2021, 18 in 2020 and eight in 2019.These FOBs have been established across Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand and Telangana.

Go to Source

Hot this week

‘No on can protect you’: IRGC terrorist plotted to kill Trump’s daughter Ivanka to avenge death of mentor

Al-Saadi, an Iraqi national, was planning to target Trump’s daughter to avenge the death of his mentor and Iranian military chief Qasem Soleimani, who died in a US attack in Baghdad six years ago Go to Source Read More

Rubio calls Cuba a ‘national security threat’ to the United States

US Secretary of State Marco Rubio has labelled Cuba a “national security threat” and warned the chances of a peaceful agreement with Havana are low, escalating tensions as the Trump administration increases sanctions, criminal charges and pressure on Read More

‘Days Of Abuse Are Over’: Trump Administration As H-1B Applications Drop 38.5%

While some lawmakers continue to demand the complete scrapping of the H-1B programme, USCIS has not indicated any plans to end it. Read More

Ivanka Trump Assassination Plot? Iran-Trained Terrorist Arrested For Targeting POTUS-Daughter

Investigators said that Mohammad Al-Saadi had pledged to kill Ivanka Trump and even possessed a blueprint of her Florida residence where she lived with her husband Jared Kushner. Read More

Topics

‘No on can protect you’: IRGC terrorist plotted to kill Trump’s daughter Ivanka to avenge death of mentor

Al-Saadi, an Iraqi national, was planning to target Trump’s daughter to avenge the death of his mentor and Iranian military chief Qasem Soleimani, who died in a US attack in Baghdad six years ago Go to Source Read More

Rubio calls Cuba a ‘national security threat’ to the United States

US Secretary of State Marco Rubio has labelled Cuba a “national security threat” and warned the chances of a peaceful agreement with Havana are low, escalating tensions as the Trump administration increases sanctions, criminal charges and pressure on Read More

‘Days Of Abuse Are Over’: Trump Administration As H-1B Applications Drop 38.5%

While some lawmakers continue to demand the complete scrapping of the H-1B programme, USCIS has not indicated any plans to end it. Read More

Ivanka Trump Assassination Plot? Iran-Trained Terrorist Arrested For Targeting POTUS-Daughter

Investigators said that Mohammad Al-Saadi had pledged to kill Ivanka Trump and even possessed a blueprint of her Florida residence where she lived with her husband Jared Kushner. Read More

Trump Says Iran ‘Will Never Have Nuclear Weapons’, Predicts Oil Prices Will Fall After Conflict Ends

Trump’s comments come amid growing speculation that Washington could be preparing another round of military action against Iran as diplomatic efforts remain uncertain. Read More

BREAKING: U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio Arrives In Kolkata For High-stakes India Visit | N18G

Marco Rubio has arrived in Kolkata, officially beginning his high-profile four-day visit to India amid growing global geopolitical tensions and expanding strategic cooperation between Washington and New Delhi. Read More

IMD Issues Severe Heatwave Warning: What To Wear, Eat And Carry Before You Step Out

Extreme heat does not just cause discomfort. Prolonged exposure to high temperatures can lead to dehydration, heat exhaustion, and life-threatening heat stroke. Read More

Related Articles