Tuesday, February 17, 2026
21.1 C
New Delhi

Epstein files opened: From steamy photos to call logs — What’s in them and what is still missing

Epstein files opened: From steamy photos to call logs — What's in them and what is still missing

The Department of Justice on Friday released thousands of files related to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein and co-conspirator Ghislaine Maxwell, but a substantial number of documents remain unpublished.Congress had given the DOJ a Dec. 19 deadline to release all records in its possession. Over the past month, the DOJ and both Democratic and Republican lawmakers gradually made some files available, many drawn from Epstein’s estate, separate from state and federal investigation records.

Epstein Files Released: DOJ Drops 4000 Docs & Pics; Michael Jackson, Clinton, Gulf Royals EXPOSED

The newly released collection is accessible online and includes:

• Transcripts from Maxwell’s interview with Deputy Attorney General Todd Blanche • Surveillance video from the prison where Epstein killed himself in 2019 • Flight logs documenting trips from the Virgin Islands to Palm Beach • A handwritten note asking an unidentified person to collect a “bucket of roses” to give to someone at a “high school” • Scanned pages from the how-to book Massage for Dummies • A graphic police interview with a woman who said she was recruited to give Epstein partially nude massages when she was a minor • Redacted government documents displayed in a photo illustration in Washington, D.C., on December 19-2025, after the Justice Department began releasing records from its investigation into convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein•Images of Bill Clinton in hot tub, Michael Jackson with Epstein and ex-Prince Andrew laying across women’s lap. • Images of Epstein’s estate, including a photo of the check President Trump allegedly gave Epstein that suggested the sex offender “sold” Trump a girl, framed with a caption “once in a blue moon” on the outside, and an image of Epstein standing over four women wearing the same outfits with their hands in a prayer position, Axios reported. Further releases are expected, but no timetable has been provided for when the remaining files will be made public.

What’s not included in Epstein files

The tranche disclosed on Friday comprised only a small portion of the total files, which the department has said exceed 300 gigabytes of data and physical evidence.Financial records, internal memos from prosecutors who investigated Epstein’s alleged sex-trafficking ring, key material obtained from the searches of Epstein’s palatial homes — none of it figured prominently in the documents released Friday.And there is also no explanation on how Epstein grew so wealthy?Some of those pages include the names of Epstein’s survivors, including an entirely blacked out document labelled “Masseuse List.”Much of the material was heavily redacted or had already been made public, limiting its contribution to understanding the case, Politico reported. Rep Robert Garcia (D-Calif.), ranking member of the House Oversight Committee, estimated it represented roughly 10 per cent of the material in the department’s possession. Deputy Attorney General Todd Blanche acknowledged the incompleteness of the release, stating “additional responsive materials will be produced as our review continues, consistent with the law and with protections for victims.” Blanche’s letter to Congress indicated that document production should conclude by the end of the year, though no specific timetable was provided for subsequent disclosures.

How Democrats reacted?

Many members of Congress expressed frustration at the limited release.Rep Ro Khanna (D-Calif.), a sponsor of the bill mandating the disclosure, said he was disappointed by the volume of documents made public and called for a clear timeline for the remaining materials.He warned that lawmakers might consider impeachment proceedings against Blanche and Attorney General Pam Bondi, or criminal referrals if officials had engaged in excessive redaction or tampering. A department spokesperson did not respond to a request for comment. Rep Thomas Massie (R-Ky.), the bill’s lead GOP sponsor, said the release “grossly fails to comply with both the spirit and the letter of the law that @realDonaldTrump signed just 30 days ago.” Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer criticised the disclosure in a statement: “Simply releasing a mountain of blacked out pages violates the spirit of transparency and the letter of the law,” noting that “all 119 pages of one document were completely blacked out. We need answers as to why.” Go to Source

Hot this week

‘Will not allow…’: Texas Attorney General targets school districts in immigration protest investigations

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has opened investigations into three school districts following student protests against US immigration enforcement, alleging that school officials may have failed to protect students and disrupt clas Read More

Hate against Indians in US rose 115% in just two years as immigration debates intensified

Hate speech and hostile rhetoric targeting Indians and other South Asians in the United States rose sharply between 2023 and 2025, according to civil rights and extremism monitoring groups, as immigration and visa policies became flash Read More

Afghanistan Releases 3 Pakistani Soldiers Captured During October Border Clashes

Three Pakistani soldiers captured during October 2025 border clashes were released by the Taliban to a Saudi Arabian delegation amid ongoing tensions over TTP presence. Read More

‘Grave Matter’: Senior Imam Says Israel Barred Him From Entering Al-Aqsa Mosque Ahead Of Ramadan

Sheikh Muhammad al-Abbasi told the media that he had been banned from the mosque for one week, with the order subject to renewal. Read More

Jesse Jackson: A life in pictures

A look back at the remarkable life of the US civil rights activist, who died on Tuesday aged 84. Read More

Topics

‘Will not allow…’: Texas Attorney General targets school districts in immigration protest investigations

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has opened investigations into three school districts following student protests against US immigration enforcement, alleging that school officials may have failed to protect students and disrupt clas Read More

Hate against Indians in US rose 115% in just two years as immigration debates intensified

Hate speech and hostile rhetoric targeting Indians and other South Asians in the United States rose sharply between 2023 and 2025, according to civil rights and extremism monitoring groups, as immigration and visa policies became flash Read More

Afghanistan Releases 3 Pakistani Soldiers Captured During October Border Clashes

Three Pakistani soldiers captured during October 2025 border clashes were released by the Taliban to a Saudi Arabian delegation amid ongoing tensions over TTP presence. Read More

‘Grave Matter’: Senior Imam Says Israel Barred Him From Entering Al-Aqsa Mosque Ahead Of Ramadan

Sheikh Muhammad al-Abbasi told the media that he had been banned from the mosque for one week, with the order subject to renewal. Read More

Jesse Jackson: A life in pictures

A look back at the remarkable life of the US civil rights activist, who died on Tuesday aged 84. Read More

241 Delhi roads to be revamped by 2026-end; wall-to-wall carpeting to enhance lifespan: CM

NEW DELHI: The Delhi government will revamp 400 km of road stretches by the end of the year, chief minister Rekha Gupta said on Tuesday. Read More

‘Tremendous Power, Tremendous Risk’: Lt Gen DS Rana Flags Offensive Edge Of AI In Modern Warfare

The Chief of the Strategic Forces Command highlighted how AI has become an indispensable tool in combating mass misinformation and psychological warfare Go to Source Read More

Planning Char Dham Yatra This Year? Online Registration To Come With A Fee

Char Dham Yatra in Uttarakhand will require devotees to pay a registration fee online to curb fake bookings and improve crowd management. Read More

Related Articles