Sunday, May 24, 2026
42.1 C
New Delhi

‘Future of 22 lakh children at stake’: Rahul Gandhi vows continued NEET paper leak protests until Dharmendra Pradhan resigns

'Future of 22 lakh children at stake': Rahul Gandhi vows continued NEET paper leak protests until Dharmendra Pradhan resigns

Rahul Gandhi

NEW DELHI: Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Rahul Gandhi on Sunday reiterated his demand for the resignation of union education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan over the NEET-UG 2026 controversy. He said the Congress party would continue its protest until a foolproof system is established to prevent future paper leaks.The remarks come amid nationwide protests by the National Students’ Union of India (NSUI) over alleged irregularities in the NEET examination and growing political pressure on the Centre over the cancellation of the medical entrance test.In a post on X, Congress leader accused the government of avoiding accountability despite concerns over the future of lakhs of students.”When millions of youth are on the streets, the future of 22 lakh children is at stake, and the PM remains silent—then the government is not focused on responding, but on evading,” Rahul Gandhi wrote.”Until Dharmendra Pradhan resigns and a foolproof system is established to prevent paper leaks like NEET—we will not stop,” he added. Rahul’s remarks came as NSUI workers held protests and ‘Mashaal March’ demonstrations in several parts of the country demanding action over the alleged paper leak controversy. Addressing reporters during one such protest, NSUI National President Vinod Jakhar accused the BJP-led central government of failing to stop repeated paper leak incidents.”They are unable to stop the paper leak. The government is fooling the people of the country,” Jakhar said.”The youth are on the streets today. Our clear demand is that the Education Minister should resign and take moral responsibility for this paper leak. We also demand an impartial investigation and a Joint Parliamentary Committee probe,” he added.The controversy surrounding NEET-UG 2026 has intensified after officials from the National Testing Agency (NTA) informed the Parliamentary Standing Committee that the examination paper was not leaked in full and that only some questions had allegedly surfaced before the test.NTA Director General Abhishek Singh and Higher Education Secretary Vineet Joshi informed the committee that several reforms had already been implemented to strengthen the examination system, while additional measures were still being worked on.Officials maintained that the alleged leak did not originate from the NTA system and said the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is currently probing the circulation of leaked questions that led to the cancellation of the examination.The Centre had cancelled the NEET-UG 2026 examination held on May 3 across 551 cities in India and 14 international centres after allegations of a paper leak emerged. More than 22 lakh candidates had appeared for the exam.Authorities later announced that the re-examination would be conducted on June 21 under enhanced security arrangements mandated by the Union Education Ministry.The Parliamentary Standing Committee has also discussed proposals to shift NEET-UG to a computer-based testing format from next year in an attempt to prevent similar incidents in the future.

Go to Source

Hot this week

UK teen rape victim says judge’s ruling felt ‘like a rock in my face’ after three boys spared jail

UK teen rape victim criticises judge’s decision after three boys spared jail. Read More

France bans far-right Israeli minister Ben-Gvir after Gaza flotilla video sparks outrage

The Israeli minister shared videos allegedly mocking pro-Palestinian activists detained from a Gaza-bound aid flotilla, triggering international criticism and calls within Europe for sanctions against the far-right Israeli minister. Read More

Iran Says Hormuz Traffic To Return To Pre-War Levels In 30 Days; US Hints At ‘Good News’ | Top Points

The reported agreement between the US and Iran includes a 60-day ceasefire extension, during which the Strait of Hormuz would be reopened. Read More

Russia Confirms Using Nuclear-Capable Oreshnik Missile On Ukraine, EU Calls Move Reckless

Ukraine said Russia launched 55 missiles and hundreds of drones overnight. Air defence systems intercepted most of the incoming weapons, but several targets were still hit. Read More

39-Year-Old Killed In Shark Attack In Queensland, 3rd In Australia This Year

A 39-year-old man died after a shark attack at Kennedy Shoal in Far North Queensland, the third such attack in Australia this year. Read More

Topics

UK teen rape victim says judge’s ruling felt ‘like a rock in my face’ after three boys spared jail

UK teen rape victim criticises judge’s decision after three boys spared jail. Read More

France bans far-right Israeli minister Ben-Gvir after Gaza flotilla video sparks outrage

The Israeli minister shared videos allegedly mocking pro-Palestinian activists detained from a Gaza-bound aid flotilla, triggering international criticism and calls within Europe for sanctions against the far-right Israeli minister. Read More

Iran Says Hormuz Traffic To Return To Pre-War Levels In 30 Days; US Hints At ‘Good News’ | Top Points

The reported agreement between the US and Iran includes a 60-day ceasefire extension, during which the Strait of Hormuz would be reopened. Read More

Russia Confirms Using Nuclear-Capable Oreshnik Missile On Ukraine, EU Calls Move Reckless

Ukraine said Russia launched 55 missiles and hundreds of drones overnight. Air defence systems intercepted most of the incoming weapons, but several targets were still hit. Read More

39-Year-Old Killed In Shark Attack In Queensland, 3rd In Australia This Year

A 39-year-old man died after a shark attack at Kennedy Shoal in Far North Queensland, the third such attack in Australia this year. Read More

GK: From Gadha To Har**z*da, India’s Strangest Mango Names Explained

India grows hundreds of mango varieties, but these rare regional favourites stand out for their bizarre names, royal origins and distinctive taste profiles. Read More

Offbeat Hill Stations In South India To Visit With Children Under Rs.25K

Article highlights budget friendly family trips to offbeat South India hill stations Kotagiri, Araku Valley, Vagamon, Yelagiri and Coorg, with 3 day costs around 15000 to 25000 Go to Source Author: News18 Read More

BJP Sweeps Bengal’s Falta Too: 4 Reasons Why Sinking In ‘Safe’ Diamond Harbour Will Hurt TMC The Most

BJP wins Falta assembly constituency: Losing a TMC bastion and “safe seat” to the BJP indicates a deep shift in voter sentiment, say experts Go to Source Read More

Related Articles